People First of New Hampshire brings together self-advocates, family members, businesses & employers to enhance work opportunities for people with disabilities. We call this group the the New Hampshire Alliance For Full Participation. The main focus is to empower individuals in their careers.
- We are more than just a peer support group.
- The team believes that all who participate at our regular meetings held monthly are considered "members". Each meeting brings new members. Our room is filled with at least 25 - 30 people willing and able to work.
- The members voted to keep the team's name as the New Hampshire Alliance For Full Participation. People First of New Hampshire remains the organizers of our state team especially as the board of directors has employment as one of their goals.
- We have representation on our state team from self-advocates, employers, family members and providers.
- In an effort to recruit more business leaders, we invite them to our meetings and sessions for training and awareness.
- All members participate in policy, in one way or another. The longer we stay as a team, the stronger our voices will be heard.
- The state team meetings are highly focused on members working toward empowering the individual to want to be employed and to get employed. No other group, committee or team exists with this focus in New Hampshire. This makes for a great balance with other groups and committees in our state that are also working to improve higher employment numbers.
- The NHAFP team and People First of NH sponsored a very successful 4-part Spring Employment Training Series in 2011 where about 20 individuals were awarded certificates after learning the nuts and bolts of developing their careers.
- The team is always working to recruit new team leader(s).
- We recognize that we lack direct access to data although the state Bureau of Developmental Services could provide this to the team when we need it. We encourage and welcome the state's involvement and participation with the existing team.
- We will be pursuing the opportunity to provide live internet broadcasting of future meetings and trainings so that more people may participate and have a voice in our state team's work.
- We have established Facebook page promoting the state Alliance (https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Hampshire-State-Alliance-For-Full-Participation/294676710279)